Concept & Design
- O'Callaghan & Walker Builders Ltd specializes in Designing & Building new houses.
- We use a CAD programme which clearly shows our clients what their house is going to look like.
- The concept design process will generally take 3 to 6 weeks depending on the type of design.
- We will design the house to a stage where the client can clearly see what they are getting and we can accurately price it.
- The cost for the concept design will be included in our quote to the client to build the house. If the client does not build with us the cost for the concept design will be charged to the client. The cost for the concept design will be $800.00 - $1800.00 dollars depending on the type of design.
The concept design process
- We would meet the clients on site, in our office or both to discuss their requirements.
- The clients may have something as simple as a hand drawn sketch as a basis to start the design from.
- After this meeting we would start with a floor plan based on our discussions and any sketches or ideas supplied. Once this floor plan is drawn we would get the clients to go over it and discuss with us any changes they may require. This may take 2 or 3 times to get the floor plan right.
- When the floor plan is right we would carry on with the walls and roof. We would show the clients 3D views of the house showing the claddings we have discussed, windows, doors and roof lines.Once again we would make any changes required to the 3D views till the client is happy with the way the house is looking.
- The next step is for us to price the house. We will send the plans out to all our suppliers & sub contractors This process will take approximately 3 weeks from when the final plans are satisfactory to the clients.
- We give the clients a fixed price quote and full specification.
- Once the client has this fixed price and gives O'Callaghan & Walker Builders Ltd confirmation that they accept this price we will carry on with the Building Consent plans & documentation.
- The cost for this will have been included in our fixed price quote.